Proper Handwashing 101
It’s TRUE, washing your hands is THE most effective way to prevent the spread of illness. As a nurse in the healthcare industry, you better believe this was reinforced to us over and over again. It’s such a simple task, yet so effective if done properly.Protect yourself and others with proper handwashing
1. Wet your hands with warm water (caution: hot water can damage and dry out the hands).
2. Rinse the bar of soap and work up a lather.
3. Scrub your hands for 20-30 seconds.
4. Be sure to get under your nails, webbing of the fingers and under any jewelry.
5. If you need to count in your head or sing a little song to keep you going, go for it!
6. Rinse your hands thoroughly and pat dry.
7. If your hands feel dry, follow-up with your favorite Abby Rose moisturizer.