Earth Day is Here!
This annual worldwide event started in 1970 to generate awareness on protecting and caring for our planet. Here are 10 simple ways you can save money and protect our Earth everyday:
2. Replace inefficient incandescent light bulbs with efficient CFLs or LEDs.
3. Buy organic food to keep your body and the environment free of toxic pesticides. Support farmers and companies who use organic ingredients.
4. Stop using disposable plastics, especially single-use plastics like bottles, bags and straws.
5. Recycle paper, plastic and glass. Reduce your garbage by 10% and your carbon footprint by 1,200 pounds a year.
6. Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out.
7. Use cloth towels instead of paper ones.
8. Change your paper bills to online billing. You’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes to deliver your bills by truck.
9. Use energy-efficient appliances and electronics.
10. Keep your tires properly inflated and get better gas mileage. Reduce your carbon footprint 20 pounds for each gallon of gas saved.